Hawkins Middle School
TNREADY TESTING INFORMATION:
YEARBOOK ORDER FORM:
SCHOOL PORTRAIT ORDERS CAN BE PLACED AT THE FOLLOWING LINK USING CODE AA358052Y0
CASH FOR CARTRIDGES!
Please consider donating your used printer ink and toner cartridges to Hawkins. We can recycle them and receive $2 for each one. You may send them with your student to Mrs. Petre in the front office. We will accept any brand and type. This is a great way to help save the environment and raise $$$ for our school. Thanks for your support!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS WHO TAKE MEDICATIONS!
Parents, please note: If you receive a missed phone call from our school, before calling here, please first check your voicemail to see if it was a mass informational message to everyone and not a specific personal message to you regarding your student. This will save you time as well as help our front office avoid tying up phone lines unnecessarily. Thanks so much for your cooperation and assistance!
Sumner County Schools is a collaborative culture of high performing students, teachers, and school communities.
Sumner County Schools commits to growing learners who are college and career ready through quality instruction, effective use of resources, building a collaborative culture, and strong leadership.
- Teachers deliver quality standards-driven instruction that is informed by student results.
- Quality instruction provides students with self-directed thinking/learning experiences.
- Authentic learning experiences allow students to be engaged in learning, to have opportunities to develop character, and to be prepared to contribute to the community.
- Students receive quality feedback and equal access to differentiated instructional opportunities (enrichment/intervention) based on individual needs.
- Teachers engage in ongoing, job-embedded professional learning to design and deliver quality instruction.
- The diversity in thinking of all those who are invested in education is welcomed.
- Structured opportunities are in place to promote collaborative discussions that include an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Collaboration is student-focused dialogue with a shared purpose.
- Trust encourages the use of innovative and unique solutions.
- Purposeful and intentional communication among all stakeholders cultivates a culture for results.
- Effective leaders understand the vision and consistently communicate and model it to all stakeholders.
- Keeping the vision in the forefront, leaders involve all stakeholders in setting goals and improving their organization.
- Leaders set high expectations and hold themselves and others accountable for results.
- There is a commitment to building and growing leaders at all levels with an intentional focus on improving student learning.
- Leaders grow other leaders by modeling transparency and by working collaboratively.
- Leaders are strategic in making decisions based upon the examination and analysis of data.
- The district continuously recruits, develops, and retains exemplary employees.
- There is access and equity in the use of facilities, materials, and technology for instruction.
- Community and business resources are aligned to support student needs.
- Resources are strategically utilized for collaborative learning among schools and across the district.